Versta’s “Habits” Tops Quirk’s 2016 List
What does it take to be a great market research vendor? That is the animating question behind Quirk’s top-read article in 2016 written by yours truly, your friends at Versta Research. We were thinking about all the annoying things our vendors do to us, and turned them into lessons for what we at Versta believe all researchers on the supplier side should be doing for their clients.
In case you missed it, here is a short summary of what we think it takes, laid out as Nine Habits of Great Market Research Vendors:
- They focus on earning trust and business with each new project
- They don’t brag about what they can do—they just do it
- They manage timelines to get things done
- They offer their best people to work with
- They add value in unexpected ways
- They accept responsibility for mistakes and fix them
- They focus on relationships rather than revenue
- They do what is asked
- They don’t care about job titles
Quirk’s Media says it is one of the most widely-read articles of the year, although the editors have not said just how many that is from among their 49,000 subscribers.
But we don’t need thousands of great vendors, just a few. So my hope is that the article inspired our current and future vendors to aim ever higher in the work they do for us and our clients. And I hope, too, that the article continues to inspire confidence among our clients, knowing that these are the standards they can expect from us.